2nd level VAS Operations Engineer
Who we are:
Open-minded intellectuals who embrace emerging technologies on our mission to create innovative IT and Engineering solutions that will impact millions of users around the world.
We are looking for:
A skilful 2nd Level VAS Operations Engineers with minimum 2 years of experience in Operation and Maintenance of telecom networks to maintain and improve the customer’s network and provide technical support, fault investigation and troubleshooting, ensuring that network/application problems are detected and corrected according to agreed KPI and SLA.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for managing Operations for MS VAS and provide 2nd level support –24x7x365 (service management);
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and optimize resource/capacity utilization (platform administration);
- Be in charge of performance monitoring and Statistical Reporting;
- Ensure compliance to data security standards and revenue assurance;
- Ensure fault reporting and escalation (incident management);
- Monitor and manage systems to ensure end to end service availability as per platform KPI (availability management);
- Provide trouble ticket escalation to relevant suppliers and partners (supplier management);
- Provide Technical, Performance and Statistical Reporting of the above support systems;
- Ensure team schedule for afterhours standby for Value Added Services and AM Division;
- Analyze, enhance and manage day to day operations of VAS platforms such as Messaging, Roaming, Data and Voice applications;
- Resolve application problems within agreed SLAs and coordinate users’ requirements;
- Actualize policies and procedures guiding the VAS applications to ensure that integrity of applications are not compromised; maintain optimum security of all data in the platform for business continuity and contingency planning purpose;
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported infrastructure;
- Supervise and ensure knowledge improvement of L1 resources;
- Efficiently manage client communication with different layers within the organization: Technical, Business and Senior Management;
- Be responsible for delivering contractual scope and meetings’ KPIs/SLAs with no penalty;
- Responsible for adhering to all Processes related to Operations;
- Manage Local Operations teams and review customer feedback.
What you must have:
- Good knowledge of resource availability indicators and their interpretation;
- Good knowledge of network implementation/integration processes;
- Knowledge of servers HW/SW and their characteristics in Service networks area (e.g. SMSC, MMS, Voice Mail, Video Mail, VPN, OTA, Email, ADC, Intelligent Network, OLM, SAPC, SASN);
- Cloud infrastructure OpenStack knowledge;
- Good level of OS: UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX), Linux, Windows;
- Basic experience with Databases: Oracle, LDAP;
- Experience with scripting languages: KSH, Bash, Perl;
- Basis understanding of TCP/IP suite;
- Experience with SQL Language;
- GSM network architecture knowledge;
- UNIX operating system commands;
- Good Windows knowledge;
- English language; French represent an advantage;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering/Computer science or equivalent.
Join our team!